Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 6: Much improvement! pt 2

Saturday July 11

Starting weight: 309
Evening weight: 295

After weighing in and feeling pretty good, K and I got some coffee and went swimming. Breakfast is not allowed on the diet, so I've been enjoying a macchiato and K's been drinking americanos. We sweeten them with Xylitol, which makes a palatable coffee beverage, but it's definitely no whole-milk latte with honey or sugar.

We jumped in the lake and swam for about an hour, full of energy. My foot bugged me a little but I ignored it. We got out and weren't even the slightest bit hungry, but we needed to eat before we hit Ikea so we went home.

Lunch today was half a can of tuna each (specifically Whole Foods Tuna, not albacore, that's too fatty). A handful of tomatos and an apple.

We met up with our friends and went to Ikea. That took a good four hours and despite our friends having snacks at the Ikea restaurant, we were good and not at very tempted. I'd say the temptation was because I like Ikea swedish meatballs, lingonberry sauce and gravy.

But we were fine until we got home and cooked spaghetti. Half a pound of lean ground beef mixed in with some garlic and onions, browned, then mixed in with tomatos. This we portioned over Miracle Noodles and enjoyed something that bore a pretty damn good resemblence to spaghetti. Not perfect. No parmesan cheese, no garlic bread, no red wine, but it was a nice treat.

And not to beat a point into the ground, but while it was nice we simply weren't very hungry.

Gout recovery is up and down, interestingly. In the morning it's bad. During the day, walking around, it seems much better. Then relaxing on the couch at home before bed? Bad again. Hmmmmm........

I weighed myself in the evening just to see. Very interesting results. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment