Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 20 quick update

Saturday July 25
Starting weight: 309
Today's weight: 282

With exactly three weeks to go and 27 pounds lost, I'm more than halfway to my goal (260). The remaining 22 pounds should be a trick.

At this halfway point, I will say it's been tough watching my friends eat things I can't. Not that my stomach grumbles and my brain says "I'm starving!", rather, envious of the flavor. I miss the flavor of foods. Sausages, cheese, chocolate, whisky, popcorn. K and I went to see Harry Potter last night and I missed my regular treat of a small popcorn. The dr warned me to avoid trigger situations like that, including my company's usual 4:30 Friday happy hour in the bar in our building. So I've had the luxury of working from home these past three Fridays.

Three weeks from today, we move from the extremely strict diet to a 3 week transitional diet, monitoring our weight and forcing our hypothalamus to create a "set point". However on that transitional diet, while we must avoid starch and sugar, there are some things we can do. We can eat larger portions of meat for example, and enjoy wine or liquor in very small quantities (no beer).

Some friends are having a BBQ on that day. It'll be perfect. Something to look forward to. And not to get a big head about it, but it'll be nice to show off my new, 50-pounds-lighter self to my closest friends.

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo awesome bro!!!! 20lbs half way through! Im so motivated to do the same... I made up my mind that it was going to happen for me in 2010... well this is the ticket!!!

    ReplyDelete