Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 4: Recovering from gout

Starting weight post loading: 309
Yesterday: 300.5
Day three: 299.5

So the gout was pretty bad, still. Borrowed a walking cane from my sister in law. I'll probably stay home from work again tomorrow (Friday).

I only seemed to lose a pound, probably because there was no exercise let alone walking yesterday. More walking today, but gimp-y. More peeing today than yesterday.

Lunch was leftover halibut and tomatos. I've decided to drop the Wasa as much as possible if I don't feel like I need it, along with the Zevia. Later I had an orange.

Dinner tonight was half a breast of chicken and some salad, a late night snack of cherries.

One interesting thing is I never really cared for cherries before, would prefer other fruit. But with the limited diet (and probably the fact alcohol isn't numbing my taste buds), cherries are THE MOST DELICIOUS THING FUCKING EVER.

I hope my ankle gout gets better - K and I are going out with some friends to Ikea on Saturday and I'd hate to be stuck in the middle of the maze of affordable Swedish crap and lose my ability to walk.

Interestingly enough, despite the gout, my energy level has skyrocketed and if I could exercise, I would.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I have started today (load day 1), and surprisingly it's pretty hard to gorge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a funny post! Its funny how things taste so much better when your senses are heightened. =)

    ReplyDelete