Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 22 - Lightheadedness, radio musings

Monday July 27
Starting weight: 309
Today's weight: 280.5

I like mileposts, makes me feel like I'm really doing something. This is the lightest I've been since I got back from India nearly ten years ago (except for one stretch when I got down to 265 due to pharmaceuticals but immediately gained it back).

I'm looking forward to the day the scale says 279. Might be tomorrow.

The lightheadedness is actually getting worse. I'm going to contact my doctor and figure out what the fuck to do. I don't want to eat a spoonful of pure sugar or drink a glass of orange juice, which are some of the recommendations online.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work. A guest on a morning show mentioned that his doctor recommended eating nothing all day, then a large balanced meal in the evening. Interesting. He lost twenty pounds in a few months.

Sounds a lot like "steak day" - which is when, after the injection protocol, if at any point you find you're two pounds over your goal weight then you have a steak day. The purpose is to maintain a steady weight as long as possible. This will help maintain your "set point" and your body will try not to let you gain weight or lose weight. The longer you maintain a single weight, the easier it will be to keep it.

So "steak day" - you eat nothing all day except for lots and lots of water. At dinner you eat an apple, and a very nice marbled steak. This resets your body to start letting go of weight instead of packing it on. Not certain how that happens, though the books describe the process, I've just forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment