Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 12: Twenty pounds. This calls for a celebration

Friday July 17
Starting weight: 309
Today's weight: 289

Last night I made Vietnamese Pho (beef noodle soup) with Miracle Noodles, very lean beef, onions, cilantro, basil, garlic, and limes on the side. As a change from the normal piece-of-fish-and-vegetable meal we've been having, this was an amazing treat.

But it was all well within the diet protocol, so I'll make it more often.

It may come as a shock that I'm not really very fitness-oriented. I detest calisthenics and abhor the idea of some germ-ridden, other-people's-sweat-covered, douchebag-filled, loud-you-call-this-music? and I-can't-believe-I'm-paying-money-for-this gym.

I tried to hit the treadmill to lose weight but of course it didn't do anything. Because with cardio exercising, you only really lose the weight while you are exercising. However with weight training, you're training your muscles to burn energy all day long, after you're done exercising.

So I bought some hand weights yesterday (5s through 15s). Amazon is shipping a full-body weights workout video today.

Michael laughed when I showed him the weights. "Honey, you're gonna very rapidly need much heavier weights than those."

grrrr.... fine.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! How did you cook the beef? I so love pho. It's going to be one of the things I miss most during my diet.

    ReplyDelete