Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 25: effects of heat exhaustion?

Thursday July 30
Starting weight: 309
Today's weight: 276

So yesterday the temperature in Seattle was expected to soar from mid 90s to the low 100s, breaking records. I saw a news article talking about a load of air conditioners being trucked to the home depot, so I went to see what they had. I didn't have high hopes.

Evidently I arrived just after the truck did and while most of the AC units were claimed, there was one that was returned. It worked fine (and was one of the larger, stand-alone portable units instead of the in-window jobbies) it just was missing its duct and window insert.

So I said I'd take it off their hands if they threw in a length of duct and some, um, what's that kind of tape?

But throughout the driving and carrying this 95 pound machine and hooking it up and all that, I started to feel nauseous and woozy.

Come to find out it was 103. This big swede isn't accustomed to it. Christ, it was hotter than Tucson!

I think the 3 pound drop (largest drop in a couple of weeks) could likely be due to sweat and energy consumed during the heat, my body attempting to stay cool.

Another 11 pounds to another big personal milestone I'll tell you about when it happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment