Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 1 of Very Low Calorie Diet

Weighed myself. At the doctor's office I weighed in at 306.5 but on Monday 7/6/09 I weighed 309. Great, I gained 2.5 pounds during the loading phase. Oh well.

Injections have been interesting. On day 2 of the loading phase my wife (K) hit a small vein and had to put on a band-aid, though I've been lucky and have had hardly any bleeding. However the thighs are starting to be pretty sore.

We prepared for lunch half a can of tuna, a handful of tomatoes, an apple, and a piece of Wassa cracker.

Regular espresso drinkers, we have to experiment to find a morning wake-up that fits the bill. Monday we both tried macciatos, which are a shot or tow of espresso, with a tablespoon of milk frothed up. Bitter as hell with no sweetener, we'll try something different the next day.

So in reference to my previous post where I said I wasn't going to be cruel and eat a big meal in front of K, when lunch time rolled around, I was NOT hungry in the slightest. My coworkers are eating pizza and burgers and I just don't care.

When I got home from work I was a little hungry. I cooked up a package of Miracle Noodles and put garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika on them. It wasn't the same as noodles. Especially without any butter or parmesan cheese, but I ate 'em and washed 'em down with Zevia root beer. Both the noodles and the soda were approved by our doctor but interestingly, Kevin Trudeau says "no" to ice cold drinks or carbonated beverages.

For dinner we had 2 oz of poached halibut. Another questionable choice. One section of the workbook said wild caught halibut was okay for phase 2, another said no. Well, we won't make that mistake again, and stick to definates, but that plus some lettuce and tomato, a Wasa cracker and an apple and we were fine.

Leftover halibut for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment