Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 14 of Round 2

Sunday October 11th
Starting weight: 268
Today's weight: 255

Lost a pound despite having a taste of champagne last night in honor of a dear friend's birthday. Not even a sip. I suspect it was well within expected tolerance levels.

15 pounds to go! I could do this in my sleep. Of course it'll be interesting to see when that happens, and what happens if I continue after? At what point will my body say "Right! That's it, no more weight loss, no more fat to lose."

We'll see.

So K's recipe for HCG Friendly Quiche:

6 egg whites and two yolks
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2 cups diced onions
2 cups diced tomatoes or chopped spinach
Fresh herbs - chives, parsley, whatever you have
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Garlic Powder

Adapted from a different person's non-legal HCG diet Phase 2 recipe - this is basically HCG diet Phase 2 legal, except it does mix vegetables. Our doctor told us that mixing vegetables doesn't matter, and we found that mixing vegetables doesn't seem to affect us. If you aren't mixing vegetables, choose one and double the portion.

Preheat your oven to 400°F. Original recommendation: "I try to use a glass baking dish as it seems to stick less." (Personally, I found a ceramic baking dish to work beautifully, with almost no sticking, even with no oil or butter.)


In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the cottage cheese and spices until well combined, and fold in the herbs, diced onion, and tomatoes or spinach. (I wasn't able to fit in all the veggies, so fold in as many as you can, and eat an equivilent amount of veggies with what was left out to compensate.) Bake for approximately 40 - 50 minutes, or until the eggs have set and the top has gone as golden as you like it. (It should stop jiggling much when moved.) For two people, eat a quarter each, and have some the next day for lunch. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm loving reading this blog. Are you still checking it? If so, is the recipe for 2 people and should be cut in half? How many servings? Congrats on an amazing journey - My Hubby and I start Round 1 Day 1 tomorrow. Nervous, but also excited after reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete